Forcing a recompilation of an installed port without uninstalling

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:00:01 PST 2015

On Tuesday January 20 2015 15:38:17 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> > Eh? Activating a newly installed version always deactivates the old port, if present, no?
>
> I don't know, off the top of my head. Maybe.

Well, in any case *installing* a new version (which is what I should have written) deactivates the old version. I don't know of a way to install a new version while keeping the old version active, and the alternative (>1 active versions) seems .. improbable :)

BTW, the `wmake --MP` command in my previous message is a local wrapper that invokes make with an environment as close as possible as the one imposed by port.

R.