[138275] trunk/dports/aqua/qt4-mac/Portfile

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Sun Jul 5 10:43:40 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015, at 11:53 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>> > + fix correcting of .pc files for any install location, not just
>> >   when in ${prefix}.

When would it not be in prefix?

> When it's in a subdirectory of $prefix, so it can be installed at the
> same time as qt5. Note that that is also the case where the original
> reinplace would "succeed" but do the wrong thing.

Exactly; thanks Brandon for jumping in! I'm going through every port
that seems to possibly depend on Qt4. After installing Qt4 into
${prefix}/libexec/qt4, doing a rev-bump on each port in turn, then
seeing if it builds; I'm not generally testing for functionality though,
so I expect after the "big commit" to do this switch there will still be
some issues with functionality. Most ports work with just a rev-bump;
but maybe 1 in 10 I come upon one that doesn't. So, I fix it to work
with qt4-mac installed into ${prefix} or into the new location, figuring
a generic fix is the best. This specific fix came from me fixing py-
pyqt4 (to be checked in Monday, most likely), and is critical to having
the pkg-config files work correctly. Internal to the Qt*.pc file,
${prefix} is set and used, and this reinplace just uses it more
consistently when Qt fails to use it. Maybe the comment might have been
more clear; hopefully it's good enough with this side commentary. - MLD