The status of Apache Tomcat

Björn Raupach raupach at me.com
Tue Jul 7 01:27:49 PDT 2015

Dear group,

first timer here. Be nice ;)

The ports for Apache Tomcat are pretty out of date. I found https://trac.macports.org/ticket/28938 <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/28938> but did not get any replies. Does anyone know the reasoning behind it? I do Java development most of the time and it is so awesome with MacPorts!

I started working on a Portfile for Apache Tomcat and I think I can do that if someone is kind enough and looks over it a couple of times. Can I just the portfile here?

Side question: Is OpenJDK possible for MacPorts? I saw the Java ports rely on Kaffe but wouldn’t OpenJDK be better suited?

kind regards
Björn