MacPorts on COW filesystem

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:26:40 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm experimenting with running MacPorts on a COW filesystem (ZFS; www.o3x.org). I've noticed the (transient) presence of a file ${prefix}/var/macports/registry/registry.db-journal , which makes me wonder if it's possible to configure the way the registry database is accessed (akin to mysql.conf when using mysql DBs). If I'm not mistaken, registry.db-journal acts more or less like the HFS, EXT3, NTFS (etc) journals work, and should be completely redundant on a COW filesystem (as well as a significant performance bottleneck).

Thanks,
René