MacPorts on COW filesystem

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Jul 10 13:53:55 PDT 2015

----- On 10 Jul, 2015, at 21:11, René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com wrote:

> On Friday July 10 2015 15:01:15 Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>
> Thanks, but maybe I should rephrase my question: does MacPorts provide a way to
> configure this? I don't doubt sqlite3 allows it, but that wouldn't be of much
> help if I'd have to go in and hack the source code.

The answer is: it depends. Some of the journal mode changes you do to sqlite
databases are persistent across re-opening the database (such as switching to WAL
mode), others aren't. There is no configuration option in MacPorts to select a
specific journal, but you can easily add a line of code that does it in
cregistry.

--
Clemens Lang