[138659] trunk/dports/perl/p5-ifeffit/Portfile

David Evans devans at macports.org
Tue Jul 14 17:35:44 PDT 2015

On 7/14/15 5:02 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Jul 14, 2015, at 6:54 PM, devans at macports.org wrote:
>>
>> Revision
>> 138659
>> Author
>> devans at macports.org
>> Date
>> 2015-07-14 16:54:04 -0700 (Tue, 14 Jul 2015)
>> Log Message
>>
>> p5-ifeffit: set version to match ifeffit and increment epoch, add gcc compiler variants, default +gcc49 to match ifeffit, see important build notes in comments, copy Makefile.PL in pre-configure to make sure that ifeffit has already been installed and it's really there, other minor cleanups and comments.
> Why not offer (and default to) gcc5, since that is the latest stable version of gcc?

That would be a great enhancement but I just don't have the time to do
it.  My goal was to just get it working.  Perl subports now build and
pass all tests,.
Note that this needs to be done for ifeffit, pgplot and p5-ifeffit for
things to work properly.  They all need to be using the same libraries.
See the build notes that I included.

Another might be to merge the perl subports into ifeffit proper to help
coordinate matching builds.