[138727] trunk/dports/science/gr-fcdproplus/Portfile

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Jul 19 15:05:41 PDT 2015

On 2015-7-19 22:54 , Michael Dickens wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 18, 2015, at 05:08 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
>> What do you mean by "port wouldn't recognize the change"?
>
> What I was trying to do was fix a conflict between a port requiring
> libusb, while I have libusb-devel installed (since the libusb and
> libusb-devel ports necessarily conflict). I had changed all of my other
> ports to using either libusb* port, and other dependencies a while back;
> somehow overlooked this one. In the past, I would make the change to the
> Portfile and port would recognize it immediately -- meaning, I could
> issue the install or upgrade command on the main port of interest, and
> this indirect dependency would be determined and met correctly with just
> that simple edit. This last time, after updating to the latest SVN
> trunk/base, I made the change but port still complained about the
> conflict. With the rev-bump & upgrade, all was well again. I thought it
> strange, but then port sometimes does things like this & this one is
> really not a big deal.

I'm still not clear on exactly what commands you issued or what state
you were in at the time, but it probably doesn't matter right now since
I guess you can't reproduce the issue. If you run into something like
this again, please note exactly what you did and save the main.log. The
log has detailed info on exactly how dependencies are looked for.

Either we'll fix a bug, or you'll learn something. Win/win. :)

> Another example is when doing "port info" on the new cmake variants --
> where +docs internally defaults to using +python27 but the user can
> select +python34, and both of the +pythonXY variants require +docs. When
> I do "port info cmake +docs" if comes out correct, with the default
> variant of +python27 showing. If I do +python27, +docs does not show up
> even though it is required, nor are dependencies shown for the +docs
> variant. Looking at "port variants cmake", all of the requires and
> conflicts are correctly shown. Again, a minor thing, just a little
> confusing the first time I came upon it. - MLD

That's a completely different issue. It's just that 'port info' doesn't
check for variants selected by 'requires'.

- Josh