[137164] trunk/dports/shells/psh/Portfile

David Evans devans at macports.org
Sun Jun 7 01:14:20 PDT 2015

On 6/7/15 12:27 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> Please consider using the github portgroup instead.
>>>
>> Just doing a quick update of an old nomaintainer port.  Feel free to embellish as you see fit.
> I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the github portgroup and its capabilities. It's important to use existing portgroup, rather than try to reproduce their behavior manually.
Yes, I am aware of the github portgroup.  See ffmpeg-devel for an
example.  I am also aware of your opinion that it is important to use
existing portgroups in all cases.

> But in this case, I now wonder why you're fetching from github, instead of from cpan.

Because the port's home page indicates that the source should be
downloaded from github (instead of sourceforge) with no mention of
CPAN.  Before my modifications the port downloaded from sourceforge so I
followed suit and changed to the github download path instead. I
considered using the github portgroup but decided that doing so to set
the download path only would add undue complexity and would possibly
conflict with the workings of the perl5 portgroup.