SDK (isysroot) selection "rules"? (Qt5 related)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 02:50:58 PDT 2015

Hi,

I've ran into a symbol (NSMetadataQueryUpdateAddedItemsKey) visibility issue that I can most likely trace back to the fact that for some reason I don't grasp, the build process decided to use the 10.10 SDK while I'm running 10.9 . I don't see anything in the options I used that would have caused this explicitly, so I'm guessing this is some form of default behaviour.

The question is, is that assessment correct and if so, who's default is this? Xcode's, or MacPorts'?

BTW, I'm seeing this with Qt Creator 3.4.1 built against Qt 5.4.2 through MacPorts. The official snapshot builds do not show this issue, which suggests that either they're built with explicit specification of the SDK to use, or it's a MacPorts issue. I tried an archivefetch of qt5-creator-mac, but 3.4.1 isn't available in binary build...