Setting up MacPorts libsolv branch and Testing libsolv search

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Jun 22 08:11:19 PDT 2015

Hi,

----- On 22 Jun, 2015, at 15:04, Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org wrote:

> Please excuse my ignorance here, but 'port search' merely queries the
> index for matching ports. Why do we need a SAT solver for this? What is
> the expected advantage?

Searching is just a dummy use case we can use to test the representation
of the package universe that libsolv needs. Once we have a usable
representation we can (a) cache that in a binary format, which should
give us speed improvements over the PortIndex, and (b) use the same data
structure to do the actual SAT solving.

--
Clemens Lang