pypi

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 22 19:53:11 PDT 2015

On Jun 22, 2015, at 5:01 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

>> BTW: would be great if we could get rid of these constructs which appear in all ports.
>>
>> if {${subport} ne ${name}} {
>>
>>  livecheck.type  none
>> } else {
>>  livecheck.type  pypi
>> }
>
> Yes, this would also go into the portgroup.

You can crib from the php-1.1 portgroup here as well. It automatically disables livecheck in subports that have the same version as the main port. It even handles the case where one or more subports use a different version; livecheck stays enabled for them. The case it doesn't handle is where one or more subports use a different version *and* you want to disable livecheck for those subports. An example is php-xdebug, whose php53-xdebug subport will stay at an older version compatible with PHP 5.3, and that version of xdebug won't be updated anymore. The php-1.1 portgroup needs to be modified so that one can simply set "livecheck.type none" in the portfile for such subports. Currently this has no effect because the portgroup sets livecheck.type itself afterward. Possibly just using "default" would fix it.