pypi

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jun 23 13:30:30 PDT 2015

On Jun 23, 2015, at 11:20 AM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

>>> So those modules would just include python-1.0 before github-1.0.
>>
>> That would be horribly confusing even for me.
>
> I think discussing this makes it sound more complex than it will be in practice.

I have to agree with Mojca here. If order of inclusion of portgroups is important, that's confusing, especially if the required order is not alphabetical. We do seem to have a compulsion to alphabetize things like portgroup inclusion, dependencies, configure args, etc., under the assumption that order doesn't matter.

Of course I understand that MacPorts will run the portgroup code in the order specified in the portfile, but we should try to structure portgroup so that the order of inclusion doesn't matter. Sometimes that is difficult to do. But if each portgroup just defines procedures, which the portgroup can then call in the required order, that's perhaps clearer.