Diskspace exceeded on packages.macports.org?

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Thu Jun 25 15:46:47 PDT 2015

[Resent because I forgot to change the envelope address again...]

On 25.06.2015 09:04 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> MacPorts people: Do we clean up old archives? If not, we probably should. If
>> we do, we probably should clean out more to avoid this?
>
> We don't delete old packages or distfiles. We probably should, but there's no command in MacPorts to do that. Maybe "port reclaim" will help when that's released.

Not entirely true. Joshua lets loose this script every time I complain about the
package archive blowing up again:
https://trac.macports.org/browser/users/jmr/delete_old_archives/delete_old_archives.py

The last run is probably a few month ago, though. It's not scheduled for
automatic execution (e.g., via a cron job.)

We cannot easily clean distfiles, because ports may still depend on them and the
original master site may be either long gone or the original tarball deleted for
other reasons. That's why the distfiles are stockpiling without any cleanup.

Mihai