Notes in gpodder

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jun 26 15:44:19 PDT 2015

On Jun 26, 2015, at 5:07 PM, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> On 27.06.2015 12:04 AM, Clemens Lang wrote:
>>
>> Current trunk does this.
>>
>> 2.3.x doesn't do that yet, because we need signal handling to get this right (you do want to see notes for ports that were installed when you press ^C right?).
>
> Yes, so trunk basically is good to go, while release... will need to wait for a
> merge of this functionality back into the release branch?

This is not a bug fix; it's a new feature. Therefore it wouldn't be appropriate to backport it to the 2.3 branch. It will be included when 2.4 is released.

However 2.4 is not ready for release for a couple reasons. First, in an attempt to streamline, some error messages were removed, but this means that when you try to install a port but a conflicting port is already installed, you get no error message; that error message should be restored. Also, the handling of interrupts is not yet satisfactory; there are still many circumstances when pressing ^C with trunk will result in a dozen lines of error spew that are not present in MacPorts 2.3.3.