How to avoid file system violation during destrooting

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Jun 26 19:21:38 PDT 2015

On 2015-6-27 12:08 , Marko Käning wrote:

> On 27 Jun 2015, at 04:05 , Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com
> <mailto:allbery.b at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> That is what it's complaining about, yes.
>
> Oh, ok.
>
> That means I need to find the CMake file which is responsible for this…
>
> Thanks for the pointer guys! :)

I don't think that's right, the port would not successfully finish
destroot if that was installing straight to ${prefix} and being stopped
by sandboxing. The message in the ticket is complaining about an mtree
violation. /opt/local/mkspecs is not part of the standard filesystem
layout, see porthier(7).

If you really have to, you can set destroot.violate_mtree, but it would
be much preferable to install to somewhere like ${prefix}/share/mkspecs
instead.

- Josh