Shouldn't qt5 also include cmake?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 00:36:10 PDT 2015

On Saturday June 27 2015 01:49:46 Marko Käning wrote:
>Hi Marcus,
>
>I wondered whether port group “qt5” should also include port group “cmake”
>since it is internally making use of it anyways?!

What makes you think that? It's not the case AFAIK. Qt5 provides both its own qmake system and a bunch of cmake macros; dependents have the choice. The {c,q}make portgroups redefine the default build system, so including either of them with the qt5 portgroup isn't appropriate - that portgroup should also be usable just to record a dependency on Qt for applications that use neither cmake nor qmake (ports using py-qt for instance?).