Diskspace exceeded on packages.macports.org?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Jun 27 01:28:47 PDT 2015

On 2015-6-26 08:46 , Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> We cannot easily clean distfiles, because ports may still depend on them and the
> original master site may be either long gone or the original tarball deleted for
> other reasons. That's why the distfiles are stockpiling without any cleanup.

It's actually a bit worse than that. We can't delete the distfiles for
any port version that we are currently serving an archive for, because
of licenses like the GPL that require corresponding source to be available.

The easy solution is of course to delete all old archives and all old
distfiles at the same time.

A more involved solution would be:

1. Delete old archives
2. Delete distfiles_mirror.db on distfiles server
3. Run normal nightly distfiles mirror job
4. Extract the portfiles from all remaining non-current archives and run
port mirror on them on the distfiles server
5. Run portmirror on distfiles server (deleting unneeded distfiles)

- Josh