[133173] trunk/dports/mail/alpine/Portfile

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Mon Mar 2 16:07:38 PST 2015

On Mar 2, 2015, at 2:12 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> without_tcl is a legacy variant so it seems like there shouldn't be any cases when it is enabled by default.

But without_tcl used to be the only default variant. So if I don't continue enabling it by default, the next conditional…

    if {![variant_isset without_tcl]} {
        default_variants +tcl
    }

…sets +tcl for new installs, which isn't right. If there's a better way of handling this, I'd be happy to use it.

>> +variant tcl description {Tcl support (required by Alpine Web} {
>> +    # Should we force MacPorts' Tcl?
>> +    configure.args-delete   --without-tcl
>> +}
>
> Probably yes.

Yeah, I just verified that some binaries link against Tcl, so we should use our libraries. But that variant has a bunch of other problems that need to be fixed first.

vq