How identify and remove leftover files on buildbots?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Mon Mar 9 12:46:29 PDT 2015

Hi Ryan and Rainer,

turns out that this happened AGAIN [1]:

On 04 Nov 2014, at 07:10 , Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> Great, so it sounds like the original problem that led to the files being directly installed has already been fixed, and all that we need to do now is delete those files before activating the port that installs them. That port is rkward, so that's where the pre-activate block belongs. Either write a pre-activate block that explicitly deletes all the files that were directly installed before, or if you don't have such a list and can't reproduce it by reinstalling an old version of R and rkward on your system, then you could fs-traverse those two known directories:
>
> ${frameworks_dir}/R.framework/Resources/library/rkward/
> ${frameworks_dir}/R.framework/Resources/library/rkwardtests/
>
> and delete any non-registered files in there.

See [2] for the message about the image error. :(

WHY did it happen again is unclear to us.

Is there a way to figure out which files are currently present in that location
and which timestamp these have

	ON A BUILDBOT ???

We want to understand whether the file appeared there during current installation
or whether is still a residue from our last adventure.

Greets,
Marko

[1] https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-mavericks-x86_64/builds/11310/steps/compile/logs/stdio
[2] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/47064#comment:9