[133744] trunk/dports/textproc/libxml2/Portfile

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Mar 10 17:36:22 PDT 2015

On 2015-3-11 02:43 , Andrea D'Amore wrote:
> On 10 March 2015 at 13:50, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>> For future reference, since this does not change the way that the port installs by default, the revision should not have been increased.
>
> I stood by the rule to bump revision if installed files changed,
> regardless if the change affected default install or not.
> This actually makes more sense, duly noted.

But the installed files don't change in this case. Anyone who already
had gettext installed will have exactly the same files after the rev bump.

You would need to rev bump if the files installed by an existing
non-default variant changed, because at least some users would have
different files after rebuilding.

- Josh