KDE ports fail due to iconutil not generating icons

Greisberger Christophe greisberger at zenon-media.com
Fri Mar 13 06:52:40 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have a strange behaviour when I try to install/upgrade KDE ports.
They all (well, this that have icons) silently fail generating the icns files from their iconset.
The first error that appears in the logs is the copy of the icns file, that is missing.

I can still install the ports by manually executing with sudo in a terminal the last icontool command in the build log, and restarting the installation.
For ports with lots of icons, this is really a pain, since I have to repeat this for each icon.

I reported this problem in the following ticket: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46949

The rights on iconutil and the build directory seems correct for me.
Executing the iconutil command lines with either “sudo” or “sudo -u macports” both work in the terminal (icns file generated).
But not when MacPorts build system executes them.
It’s really strange and am I’m really clueless.

Any idea?
Are there any other non-KDE ports that generate icns files using iconutil, so that I can check if it’s really limited to KDE ports?