GSoC 15 - Dependency Calculation using SAT

Jackson Isaac jacksonisaac2008 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 06:43:09 PDT 2015

Hi,

As you know the application period has started. Can you please help me
out with some things regarding the proposal.

I have built the latest Macports (i.e 2.3.99 from source) and as you
said I can see the confirmation before installing dependencies and
also it looks much cleaner now.

Also I went through the source code. The dependency is build in
src/macports1.0/macports.tcl src/macports1.0/portdepends.tcl and
src/macports1.0/macports_dlist.tcl if I am not wrong or missing out
anything else.

I have also gone through the CUDF at
http://www.mancoosi.org/cudf/primer/ and also
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/SAT+Based+Dependency+Resolution.

Does using CUDF mean that our portfile format will have to be modified
(there is not much syntax difference, we might be able to interpret
the old portfiles to a cudf file format while running dependency
check.

Also the Phasing out xcode dependency resides in the diagnose.tcl
file, maybe we can work on that too when we are done with the
Dependency calculation.

--
Jackson Isaac
S6 B.Tech CSE