Python 3.5 subports?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 17 23:27:48 PDT 2015

On Mar 17, 2015, at 4:21 PM, petr wrote:

> now that python 3.5 became available as alpha, wouldn't it make sense to start activating py35 subports, to get them ready for the release later this year? I would expect this to take some while, as we have to move through the dependency tree.

With non-bundled PHP modules, I've previously waited to add modules for a new PHP version until the PHP version is stable. In the past, sometimes an alpha or beta PHP version will be released that necessitates rebuilding all modules, and in any case some modules are not compatible with a new PHP version and need to be updated; I figure I save myself some work by waiting until the PHP version is finalized.

I'm not sure how Python modules have been handled in MacPorts in the past with regard to new pre-release Python versions.