How identify and remove leftover files on buildbots?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Mar 18 22:47:02 PDT 2015

> On Mar 18, 2015, at 4:33 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On 2015-03-17 22:26, Marko Käning wrote:
>> I just tried to rebuild rkward on the buildbots (in order to analyse this
>> further), but it succeeded e.g. for Mavericks [1], although I thought it
>> wouldn’t:
>> ---
>> Building ports
>> Building rkward (1 of 1)...package found, not building again
>> Ports built successfully:        1
>> ---
>>
>> Is this success simply due to the fact that I didn’t revbump it?
>
> Looking at the source, it seems like this is the cause, yes.
>
> https://trac.macports.org/browser/contrib/mpab/chroot-scripts/buildports?rev=129381#L94
>
>> But I thought that a revbump wouldn't only be needed, if there wasn’t a
>> previously successful build of the port binary present on the corresponding
>> buildbot…
>
> I have to admit that I have no idea how the buildbot behaves in such
> cases. I never worked on these scripts either.
>
>> Are there - by any chance - actually port binaries available for rkward on
>> all buildbots now?
>
> Maybe? But they are not distributable anyway, otherwise they would end
> up here:
>
> https://packages.macports.org/rkward/

If I remember prior threads correctly, the buildbot builders only upload to the packages server those packages that we are legally allowed to distribute, but they themselves keep and use copies of all packages for successful builds. And they will not attempt to rebuild a port if a package already exists. There is no good reason to increase the revision in this case, but without that, there is no way to force the buildbot to rebuild the port. Can you wait until the next time you need to increase the revision?

What you currently have committed to the rkward port does not work. There is no Tcl or MacPorts command "ls". ("Can't map the URL 'file://.' to a port description file ("invalid command name "ls"").") You can run the "ls" command line program inside a "system" invocation, however.