[MacPorts] #47197: cmake-based ports: add cmake.out_of_source yes/no

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 02:53:23 PDT 2015

On Friday March 20 2015 07:30:48 Marko wrote:

>On 19 Mar 2015, at 20:46 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote concerning the KDE4 PortGroup:
>
>> Could you check (and ~ in) the patch below, please? It seems to work just fine for me.
>
>Did you test this with ALL KDE ports?

No, of course not. I tried a few, but as long as KDE ports simply relied on the PortGroup to set up an OOS environment they should be fine with the change because the end result is the same. That is, the CMake portgroup creates a ${workpath}/build directory, or ${workpath}/build-${arch} directories, just like the KDE4 PortGroup used to do.
And given that this is done through the same hooks (build.dir, configure.whatever) I am guessing that even (hypothetical) ports that override the KDE4 portgroup settings will continue to work.

R.