[134311] trunk/dports/devel/hub/Portfile

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Sat Mar 21 21:23:52 PDT 2015

On 22.03.2015 02:25 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> On Mar 21, 2015, at 7:15 PM, ionic at macports.org wrote:
>>
>> Revision
>> 134311
>> [...]
>> +build.cmd           ./script/build
>> +build.target        {}
>
> The best way to clear the build.target (or any option) is to simply not give a value, e.g. by writing just:
>
> build.target

FWIW, I disagree here. Not giving it a value could, for the casual
observer (not so much a macports dev, but a user not knowing internals)
mean "default value" or "empty". This is ambiguous and we should avoid
being ambiguous, especially for people not knowing MacPorts, to lower
the entry threshold (and it *really* makes more sense to me to actually
specify a value than rely on "guessing".)

>> -depends_lib         port:git
>> +depends_build       port:go
>>
>> +depends_lib         port:git \
>> +                    port:go
>
> Adding a library dependency is equivalent to adding a build dependency and a runtime dependency. So you don't need to (and shouldn't) add go as a build dependency when it is also listed as a library dependency.

While it's doing the same, the semantics are slightly different -- and,
given the recent hope we may finally get a SAT solver -- even somewhat
justified.

It doesn't make a difference currently, though, so I'm happy to
recommend whatever you see fit.

>> -build {}
>> -
>> -destroot.cmd        rake
>>  destroot.args       prefix=${prefix}
>> -post-destroot {
>> +destroot {
>> +    xinstall -W ${worksrcpath} -m 0755 hub ${destroot}${prefix}/bin
>>      set bash-completions ${destroot}${prefix}/share/bash-completion/completions
>>      xinstall -d ${bash-completions}
>> -    xinstall ${worksrcpath}/etc/hub.bash_completion.sh ${bash-completions}/hub
>> +    xinstall -W ${worksrcpath} etc/hub.bash_completion.sh ${bash-completions}/hub
>>      set site-functions ${destroot}${prefix}/share/zsh/site-functions
>>      xinstall -d ${site-functions}
>> -    xinstall ${worksrcpath}/etc/hub.zsh_completion ${site-functions}/
>> +    xinstall -W ${worksrcpath} etc/hub.zsh_completion ${site-functions}/
>>  }
>
> Since you are now overriding the destroot phase wholesale, setting any of the destroot options, such as destroot.args, isn't useful.

I should have caught this. Sorry.

Mihai