fetch ssl errors on _some_ buildbots

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Sun Mar 22 11:08:59 PDT 2015

On 22.03.2015 06:33 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> From what appears to be the same servers the Mavericks and Yosemite buildbots were able to fetch via https while Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion buildbots were not.
>
> Is this known and expected behavior or something for the macosforge admins to look into?

I think (but may be wrong) that means that the server operator disabled
SSLv3/TLSv1.0. Options to continue would be TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2, but the
old curl/openssl Apple ships does not seem to be able to use these
protocols. Fetching does work with "our own" curl, which is using
TLSv1.2 when talking to this server. But we're using much newer curl and
openssl versions.

As base uses the system libcurl to fetch files, there's not much we can
do, except hope that the distfiles will be mirrored by MP mirrors
eventually and buildbots be able to fetch from those locations.

Mihai