use_configure yes fails building universal(?)

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Mon Mar 30 22:05:58 PDT 2015

On 31.03.2015 06:24 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> This port's configure phase uses [get_canonical_archflags] inside a pre-configure phase. By the time this code runs, the default universal variant has been declared, so this proc returns universal arch flags here.
>
> But for the build phase, [get_canonical_archflags] is invoked while setting build.env in the global part of the portfile, which is before the default universal variant has been declared, so the proc returns non-universal arch flags in this case.
>
> The only change you need to make is adding "variant universal {}" before the first time that [get_canonical_archflags] is invoked.

Thanks a bunch - to both of you. Joshua explained that on IRC as soon as
I hit the send button for that eMail.

This all makes sense, although I would have sort of expected that
build.* is (re-)evaluated in the build phases. That thought is probably
stupid - after all, why shouldn't build.* be available in all other
phases, too? And worse, that would make it change its value throughout
phases, which is not a good idea to begin with.

Thanks again. I've also mentioned you both in the new Portfile.

Mihai