Changing port group default options

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Tue Mar 31 13:23:47 PDT 2015

On Mar 31, 2015, at 1:05 PM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> In my opinion increasing the version of the portgroup should be
> reserved for (fundamentally) incompatible changes or when the syntax
> changes.

This is just changing the question to "what's an 'incompatible'
change?".

Permitting portgroups to change default portfile behavior en masse is
convenient for maintainers,  but it's prone to breaking things.

> I feel that starting a new revision would introduce way more work than
> benefits.

Why? We wouldn't have to continue maintaining the old versions, other
than to fix serious bugs.

vq