[135592] trunk/dports/kde

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 6 01:47:36 PDT 2015

> On Apr 27, 2015, at 11:55 AM, nicos at macports.org wrote:
>
> Revision
> 135592
> Author
> nicos at macports.org
> Date
> 2015-04-27 09:55:07 -0700 (Mon, 27 Apr 2015)
> Log Message
>
> py-pykde4: new port (ticket #47125)

> --- trunk/dports/kde/py-pykde4/Portfile	                        (rev 0)
> +++ trunk/dports/kde/py-pykde4/Portfile	2015-04-27 16:55:07 UTC (rev 135592)

> +description         Python bindings for the KDE Development Platform
> +long_description    This package contains PyKDE, the Python bindings for the KDE \
> +                    libraries, that allow you to write KDE programs using Python instead of \
> +                    C++. It contains at least the following modules under the \
> +                    PyKDE namespace: \
> +                    \
> +                     * dnssd \
> +                     * kdecore \
> +                     * kdeui \
> +                     * khtml \
> +                     * kio \
> +                     * knewstuff \
> +                     * kparts \
> +                     * kterminal \
> +                     * ktexteditor \
> +                     * kutils \
> +                     * plasma \
> +                     * solid \
> +                    \
> +                    And a few KDE related technologies like: \
> +                    \
> +                     * akonadi \
> +                     * phonon \
> +                     * soprano

This description is rendered as a single paragraph with no newlines:

$ port info py-pykde4
py-pykde4 @4.14.3 (kde, kde4, devel)
Sub-ports:            py27-pykde4, py34-pykde4, py-pykde4-docs
Variants:             debug, docs

                      the KDE libraries, that allow you to write KDE
                      programs using Python instead of C++. It contains at
                      least the following modules under the PyKDE namespace:
                      * dnssd * kdecore * kdeui * khtml * kio * knewstuff *
                      kparts * kterminal * ktexteditor * kutils * plasma *
                      solid And a few KDE related technologies like: *
                      akonadi * phonon * soprano
Homepage:             http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pykde/intro

Extract Dependencies: xz
Build Dependencies:   cmake, pkgconfig, automoc, py27-pykde4
Library Dependencies: qt4-mac, phonon
Platforms:            darwin
License:              LGPL-2+
Maintainers:          rjvbertin at ..., openmaintainer at ...

If you want newlines to appear, you have to put them ("\n") where you want them. Take care that there is no unintended whitespace following a newline. I usually put my newlines at the *beginning* of a line for that reason.

> +if {${subport} eq ${name}} {
> +    depends_build-append    port:py${python.default_version}-pykde4
> +    fetch {}
> +    checksum {}
> +    extract {}
> +    patch {}
> +    use_configure   no
> +    build {}
> +    destroot {
> +        xinstall -d -m 755 ${destroot}${prefix}/share/doc/kde-installed-packages
> +        system "touch ${destroot}${prefix}/share/doc/kde-installed-packages/${name}=py${python.default_version}-pykde4"
> +    }
> +}

You should not override the fetch, checksum, extract and patch phases. If the port should not fetch, checksum or extract anything, clear distfiles (by writing "distfiles" on a line by itself). If the port should not patch anything, clear patchfiles.