[KDE/Mac] generating extra documentation (port:kdelibs4)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri May 8 01:28:49 PDT 2015

On Thursday May 07 2015 14:03:28 Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

Hi,

>Due to license conflicts the MacPorts kdelibs4 port is not binary distributable

The port-check-distributable command says differently (but I've never checked since I always build with a number of non-default variants)

>but, if the license for the docs is friendly a subport could avoid the time required for doc generation when there is a buildbot for the users platform and the user has the default prefix.

Yes, that's an option, but that would mean the documentation is generated (by doxygen) from code that isn't necessarily the code that went into the libraries the user has installed. Given the cost of building the documentation that may not be a decisive aspect, though...
Anyway, I have some more work to do getting the intended qch documentation to build properly and in the meantime I also stumbled upon more recent versions of the prebuilt documentation, so I'm going to put this on the backburner for a bit.
Thanks for the suggestions in any case.

R.