Owner of MacPorts account on GitHub

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 11 02:37:20 PST 2015

On Nov 10, 2015, at 10:57 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 12:58 AM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

>>> I would be interested to know that as well. I actually found a way to
>>> send them a message last week. Now we can just wait for them to get back
>>> to us.
>>
>> Surprise! It's me.
>
> Great.

Excellent! Thanks for holding this seat warm for us, Larry.

> Is there any chance that we put mirrors of the SVN repository there?

Right now, we just wanted to know if we could use that name on github. I do not wish to put anything there right now.

> I would suggest to use these for simplicity:
>    https://www.macosforge.org/post/git-mirrors/
> but since they are not up to date anyway, it would be better to make
> new ones from scratch and also include a semi-hand-crafted authors
> transformation file.

I was not aware of this problem. Looks like a ticket was filed:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/49488

Looks like the mirroring stopped at the same revision at which several other services stopped, so hopefully there is a single fix that will bring all these services back to life.

>> I've been waiting 2 years 6 months 18 days for this. Thought it might never happen.
>
> At the moment it's the lack of Trac's functionality to browse the tree
> and the logs that has triggered the "demand" for this.

That will get fixed. In asking about github, we're just trying to explore all options.