Volunteer for a workshop on "setting up your own buildbot/buildslave"?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 11 03:17:16 PST 2015

On Nov 10, 2015, at 12:21 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2015-11-11 00:26 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> If we start including macosx_deployment_target, macosx_sdk, prefix,
>> applications_dir, frameworks_dir, ... we'll sooner or later end up in
>> an exponential mess
>
> These are the type of settings that are associated with an entire source
> in archive_sites.conf, because all the archives from a given source will
> have them set the same. If any of these settings for a source don't
> match the ones used locally, the source is simply not used. Putting
> cxx_stdlib in here as well would be a good fit.

That sounds reasonable, except that it would create duplicate archives (one "libstdcxx", one "libcxx") for noarch ports that definitely don't use any C++ library, wouldn't it?

Wouldn't it also have been reasonable to have the os name and version as part of those settings? Why was that put into the filename instead?

If we used this strategy, what hypothetical base URL would we use for libc++ packages on older systems? Would you define a second hostname in addition to packages.macports.org (inconvenient for mirrors), or would you create a subdirectory on that server?