Owner of MacPorts account on GitHub

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Nov 14 04:57:16 PST 2015

On 2015-11-14 08:17, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> port_portname wouldn't help with short port names like e, q and R,
> because it would also find tickets about ports whose names begin with
> e, q and R. Granted, what we have in Trac doesn't make it easy to
> find tickets about those ports either, especially tickets about those
> ports *and* other ports, where the Port field in the issue tracker
> contains multiple port names.

Yes, a normal TracQuery only supports "contains" which often matches too
many ports. There is an upstream issue requesting a "contains the word"
match operator:

http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/7558

However, Trac also supports reports which allow to run SQL statements
against the database. Years ago I created a report in Trac that allows
to match with regex against the port field. This might be helpful for
these ports (\W matches any non-word character):

http://trac.macports.org/report/16?max=100&PORT=\WR\W

This only matches active tickets, that means not closed. If there is a
need for similar report matching all tickets I can add another one.

Rainer