registry lock

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Tue Nov 17 10:48:00 PST 2015

I believe the inquiry surrounds why we trigger a lock for the duration of
all phases when doing an install. Specifically, why do we not instead set
the lock only when in phases that could changes installed files.

So abstract a bit further beyond just uninstall phase: why do we need to
lock anything when we're not yet changing installed files?