Re: Migration fails in images_to_archives – what am I supposed to do

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Thu Oct 1 11:48:26 PDT 2015

Rainer:

>> Bang on. I keep as little archives as possible, because my SSD is cramped (I have a 128 MB version) and I don’t want to cram it with files I seldom if ever use.
>
> I really hope you actually got 128 GB ;-)

Oops. Well… You know, back in the ‘80s, I clearly remember a then-friend having an Atari Megafile 30 HD I was dreaming of. That was 30 MB… Not even 20 floppies, but so much faster.

> Just be aware that activate/deactivate will not work when the archive
> tarball is no longer available.

Yeah, I remember a discussion involving Ryan on this particular heads-up not so long ago.

> You could temporarily remove the invocation of images_to_archives.tcl
> from the top-level Makefile. However, the actual install is already
> completed at that point, so you can just continue using the installed
> port command.

Great. Just what I needed to know. Thanks a lot for your help!
Vincent