Some weird sqlite error stopping all upgrades/installs

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Oct 6 02:30:23 PDT 2015

----- On 6 Oct, 2015, at 11:06, Wahlstedt Jyrki jwa at macports.org wrote:

> Hi,
> anyone else seen this? Prevents all installs and upgrades. (appeared after
> installing 10.11 MacPorts package, had earlier it built from source, no direct
> sqlite manipulation):
> Any idea, how to fix?

You upgraded to a trunk version of MacPorts, which automatically updated your
database to database version 1.202. In 1.202, I dropped a couple of fields (see
[1]) we initially added to be future-compatible but never ended up using and can
now be easily re-added if we need them due to the database upgrade code (that was
not present when we initially wrote the database layout).

Then later on, you downgraded to 2.3.4, which is not compatible with these changes.

[1] http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/src/cregistry/sql.c?marks=511-515#L500

> Any idea, how to fix?

You should not have installed a copy of MacPorts from trunk -- you could have built
2.3.3 from source to avoid this problem. Now that this happened, there's little you
can do until the 2.4 release (which is waaaay into the future at the moment).

So: Either install from trunk and keep running that, or restore from a backup /
delete the registry and re-install 2.3.x and all your ports.

--
Clemens Lang