os.arch on Linux

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Oct 10 11:21:08 PDT 2015

On 2015-10-10 19:53, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Saturday October 10 2015 14:43:00 Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> Hm, if ${os_arch} ends up in the package, I am not sure this is
>> correct as you could build i386 packages on x86_64. Shouldn't this
>> respect ${build.arch}?
>
> In practice, it uses ${configure.build_arch}, but that variable is
> empty (at least on my system), which means the code falls back to
> using ${os.arch} (which seems the sensible thing to do).

I noticed we also use this in 'port platform' and for some reason we
always return i386 on OS X there...

$ port platform
Platform: darwin 14 i386

I tracked the addition of this condition back to r54798, which
references a Trac ticket [1] I can't read at the moment.

Rainer

[1] http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20506