[141201] trunk/dports/math/ceres-solver/Portfile

Mark Moll mmoll at rice.edu
Tue Oct 13 13:28:22 PDT 2015

> On Oct 12, 2015, at 5:54 PM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:

>>> libc++ is not part of Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier, and is not the default C++ runtime on OS X 10.8 and earlier. What happens with this port on those systems?
>>

>> What is the appropriate way to handle this? Something like this?:
>>
>> if {${configure.cxx_stdlib} eq “libc++”} {
>> 	configure.ldflags-append -lc++
>> } else {
>> 	configure.ldflags-append -lstdc++
>> }
>
> Running $CXX to do the linking would be the right way. It must be using
> a C compiler or using ld directly currently.

The Ceres-solver CMake code is explicitly setting the linker to be $CC:

# Force CMake to link curve_fitting_c using the C linker, this is important
# when Ceres was compiled using C++11 to ensure that -std=c++11 is not passed
# through.
set_target_properties(curve_fitting_c PROPERTIES LINKER_LANGUAGE C)

If I comment out that line, everything just works. However, if the code is compiled with C++11 enabled, then the compilation fails because “-std=c++11” is not a valid C flag. If I uncomment that line and compile in C++11 mode, then I get lots of missing symbols because clang instead of clang++ is used for linking. I don’t know how to remove the flag “-std=c++11” for just one target.

Mark