All KDE ports need a major revbump, due to recent changes to qt4-mac

Marko Käning mk-macports at posteo.net
Tue Oct 27 14:24:03 PDT 2015

Hi Nicolas,

while building kdevelop and kdepim4 I came across some rev-upgrades… Thus I have rebumped ports kate, libkgapi and konversation.

For instance, the latter tried to find libqca in it’s old location
---
Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libqca.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/MacPorts/*/konversation.app/Contents/MacOS/konversation
  Reason: image not found
---
which has - in the meantime - moved into $PREFIX/libexec/qt4/lib/:
---
$ port contents qca
Port qca contains:
.
.
.
  /opt/local/libexec/qt4/lib/libqca.2.dylib
  /opt/local/libexec/qt4/lib/libqca.dylib
.
.
.
---
I think that qt4-mac’s change to a concurrent install makes a major revbump for Qt and thus also KDE ports necessary.
Perhaps revbumping isn’t really needed for all, but for quite a few at least.
Have no idea how to test which ones are affected, though.

Greets,
Marko