All KDE ports need a major revbump, due to recent changes to qt4-mac

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Oct 29 08:09:09 PDT 2015

On 2015-10-27 22:24, Marko Käning wrote:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> while building kdevelop and kdepim4 I came across some rev-upgrades… Thus I have rebumped ports kate, libkgapi and konversation.
>
> For instance, the latter tried to find libqca in it’s old location
> ---
> Dyld Error Message:
>   Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libqca.2.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Applications/MacPorts/*/konversation.app/Contents/MacOS/konversation
>   Reason: image not found
> ---
> which has - in the meantime - moved into $PREFIX/libexec/qt4/lib/:

What was the reason for moving Qt4 into its own prefix? I guess this is
about allowing Qt4 and Qt5 to be installed at the same time?

I only noticed this now, but it seems this change will cause problems:

* binaries in ${prefix}/libexec/qt4/bin are inaccessible and not in PATH
* pkg-config files in ${prefix}/libexec/qt4/lib/pkgconfig/ will not be
  found by default (needs additional PKG_CONFIG_PATH)
* cmake modules in ${prefix}/libexec/qt4/share/cmake/ will not be found
  by default (needs additional CMAKE_MODULE_PATH)

The same seems to apply to qt5-mac as well. Also, the choice of
${prefix}/libexec/qt4/ vs. ${prefix}/libexec/qt5-mac/ looks inconsistent.

Please do not simply drop everything related to Qt into its own prefix.
At least keep the files mentioned above in the default locations where
they can be found and used by other build systems.

Rainer