Problems with github & livecheck

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Oct 29 09:26:58 PDT 2015

On 2015-10-29 16:47, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> I'm getting some weird results with the livecheck with respect to gate:
>
>> port info gate
> gate @7.1_4 (science)
>> port -v livecheck gate
> gate seems to have been updated (port version: e657ed0c, new version: v7.0)
>
> This is the relevant part of the code that apparently confuses the livecheck:
>
> PortGroup           github 1.0
> set git_sha         e657ed0c
> github.setup        OpenGATE Gate ${git_sha}
> name                gate
> version             7.1
> revision            4
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to overcome this?

The github portgroup configures livecheck to use the version which was
passed to github.setup. When you overwrite it to use the actual
${version} and change the

livecheck.version    ${version}

However, since the archives have a tag prefix of 'v' or 'V' that the
port group does not know about, you also need to tweak the regex.

livecheck.regex      archive/\[vV\](\[^"\]+)${extract.suffix}

You can see the URL and regex being used when running with debug output,
for example 'port -d livecheck gate'.

Rainer