f2py: request for help

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Oct 29 09:38:33 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> On 2015-10-28 20:20, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Apart from the fact that I don't know how to get a binary called
>> "f2py" (it would be nice to have the executable without the extension
>> available), running
>>     f2py-3.5 -c fib1.f -m fib1
>> fails to find the Fortran compiler as it looks for gfortran only.
>
> Clear the option that controls the addition of the suffix:
>
> python.link_binaries_suffix

Then 2.7, 3.4 and 3.5 will all try to create the same binary, f2py.
What we need is probably some "port select" option, but then again
f2py should probably be "compatible" with the version of python that
has already been selected with "port select python". I have no clue
how to achieve that. Port select python could not create a f2py
symlink as that one comes from numpy.

Mojca