All KDE ports need a major revbump, due to recent changes to qt4-mac

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Thu Oct 29 12:38:13 PDT 2015

Here's my take: Qt4 needed to be moved out of the way to be installable
in parallel with Qt5, and, by moving everything into a location where
you have to know where it is, we really test the build systems for those
ports that use Qt4/5. Many ports, generally those that use the qt4 or
qmake PortGroups, just needed a rev-bump. Some ports such as phonon
install files that =assume= the same install prefix as Qt, and so when
they are installed elsewhere everything breaks down for ports that
depend on them (e.g., using qmake to find phonon fails unless some
library located in ${prefix}/lib is included before phonon; cmake and
pkgconfig, when variables are set correctly, work nicely).

Once the vast majority of ports have been fixed to work with the new
Qt4/5 location, we can figure out where we actually want stuff to go &
fix it -- for example, moving all Qt4/5 pkgconfig files to be in
${prefix}/lib/pkgconfig/; cmake files into ${prefix}/share/cmake/... .

In the meantime, let's get the ports that are failing when using Qt4/5
working -- I think this should be our priority right now. So, this means
fixing phonon's mkspec file to do the right thing no matter where phonon
is installed; and, fixing qtscriptgenerator -- which BTW has been broken
off and on for along time because it has been EOL for 2-3 years. I'll be
working on these in the coming days; I think I've got a fix for the
former, and am making slow progress on the latter too. Fun times! - MLD