All KDE ports need a major revbump, due to recent changes to qt4-mac

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:54:31 PDT 2015

Michael Dickens wrote:

> What I'm planning on doing for Phonon is modifying its mkspec file to
> correctly do "LIBS *=..." no matter where Phonon is installed. That
> seems like a nice robust solution.

Yes - as long as it doesn't introduce artefacts or other side-effects.

In the meantime, I managed to get qtscriptgenerator to build without patching
any other ports, a bit to my surprise.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/47204#comment:17

The main issue appeared to be that qtsg does not only use qmake to find
components, but also includes its own internal search logic which is based in
part on the obsolete QTDIR env. variable.

Debian/Ubuntu exploit that by setting QTDIR=/usr/include/qt4 which is obviously
not at all what QTDIR was once intended for. I didn't dare to remove the QTDIR
setting from the Qt4 PortGroup at this point, so I unset it in the qtsg Portfile.
I then introduce a patch to generator/main.h which queries a novel QTFRAMEWORKS
env.var (set in the qtsg Portfile) or else falls back to a hardcoded copy of
${qt_frameworks_dir}. That fallback appears to be redundant because the
generator is not installed (which I wasn't sure about when I wrote the patch).
An additional few lines that add ${prefix}/include/phonon allow the phonon code
to be compiled. They might not be required with a patched phonon mkspec file, but
my current solution is much less likely to introduce side-effects.

I'll have to check some other time whether the 2 additional patchfiles I added
are actually required, but I won't be offended if someone beats me to it :)

R.