llvm-3.7 release and OpenMP

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Thu Sep 3 09:53:21 PDT 2015

On Sep 3, 2015, at 12:21 PM, Jack Howarth <howarth.at.macports at gmail.com> wrote:

> You really will want to rewrite the llvm37 Portfile to use a cmake
> build. The openmp 3.7 can be built in-tree using cmake (with the
> sources placed at projects/openmp. Also the default for -fopenmp is
> still left as -fopenmp=libgomp in 3.7.0 but this can be changed
> with...

I'm not sure how I feel about using internal libraries, but I'll defer to Jeremy on this for now, as I'm currently seeking new employment and don't have time to work on MacPorts.

> ps Note that the perl-based Makefile build is no longer functional in
> 3.7.0 and is in the process of being completely removed for the 3.8.0
> release.

This is unfortunate for us, as using CMake will expand the dependency tree significantly, but I guess it can't be helped.

vq