patch feedback:depends_test - port test - port lint -append

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Sep 4 12:02:59 PDT 2015

On 2015-9-4 07:43 , Kurt Hindenburg wrote:
> Hi,
>   Can I get some feedback on these patches?
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/38208 - add depends_test

r+

LGTM. My one concern would be that end users may not want irrelevant (to
them) test deps showing up in depends:, rdeps and so forth, but we
should come up with a general solution to that, not just omit them.

> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45010 - port test stops if test.run is
> not yes

r-

This shouldn't be checked in portmain but rather somewhere higher up in
the vicinity of mportexec, where the deps are being computed and the
target is known.

> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/28640 - port lint check when should use
> -append

r-

Overriding the deps set by a portgroup is not always incorrect.

- Josh