llvm-ar

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 08:38:46 PDT 2015

On Monday September 14 2015 16:40:33 Rainer Müller wrote:

> The only way to get the correct llvm-ar-mp-X.Y would be to recreate what
> the base code does.

So I guess something like what I came up with:

set CXX                     [file tail ${configure.cxx}]
set CXX_dir                 [file dirname ${configure.cxx}]
set CXX_parts               [split ${CXX} -]
set CXX_family              [lindex ${CXX_parts} 0]
set CXX_mp                  [expr {[lindex ${CXX_parts} 1] eq "mp"}]
set CXX_vsuffix             [join [lrange ${CXX_parts} 1 end] -]
reinplace "s|@LLVM_AR@|${CXX_dir}/llvm-ar-${CXX_vsuffix}|g" foo

Not that it was of huge help. Qt 5.5.0 invokes llvm-ar when doing a build with LTO ("ltcg" in their jargon), but that leads me to a linker error claiming that the "archive" architecture of the static library doesn't match architecture x86_64 . Doesn't happen when I just use the ar command in the path.

R.