migration instructions

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Mon Sep 14 14:19:24 PDT 2015

> On Sep 14, 2015, at 1:10 PM, David Strubbe <dstrubbe at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have just updated to Yosemite and used the migration instructions at http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration <http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration>
>
> I want to point out two issues:
>
> 1. Running "sudo port clean all" takes a huge amount of time. Apparently many hours for me; I didn't have the patience to let it finish. Instead we should clean just the ports that have incomplete builds (probably just a few in most cases) which can be found by looking at /opt/local/var/macports/builds and /optlocal/var/macports/logs I think, saving a lot of time.

Assuming default prefix would this [1] cover it?

> 2. The list of ports generated in myports.txt and requested.txt will include ports that are deactivated, including one line for each version of a port, whether active or not. One line total regardless of number of versions would be sufficient. Re-installing deactivated ports should probably not be done by default since that is not returning you to the original state and there was probably a reason (such as conflicts) why the ports were deactivated.

Untested, try this [2] to only install requested ports WITH variants. I’m not sure the last sed match works if there are variants name ".*_[0-9]".

[1] for port in $(find /opt/local/var/macports/{build,logs} -depth 2 -type d | awk -F/ '{print $NF}') ; do sudo port clean $port ; done
[2] port -q installed requested and active | sed -e 's,^ *,,' -e 's, (active),,' -e 's,@[^_]*_[0-9]*,,’

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)