How to enable trace mode automatically (to hide other ports while building)?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Sep 18 03:08:05 PDT 2015

On Sep 17, 2015, at 10:51 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 4:47 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:
>> On 2015-09-17 14:49, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>> I would like to hide a couple of ports while building one specific
>>> port. I know that I can do this with "port -t build foo", but I would
>>> like to do this automatically within the Portfile, otherwise the port
>>> would have to conflict with a whole bunch of other ports without any
>>> good reason (other than the build system picking headers from the
>>> wrong package).
>>
>> So far, you can't. The only possibiliy is to use the conflicts_build
>> portgroup.
>>
>> Are you sure we really cannot get the build system to use the desired
>> headers? For example with explicit --with-foo=${prefix} etc.?
>
> This should work as long as I could make sure that
> -I${prefix}/include/lua-5.1 would come before any -I${prefix}/include
> in all the build commands.

For this particular problem, the correct solution is to fix the lua port by renaming it to lua53 and making it install its headers to a directory that is not ${prefix}/include (and its libraries to a location that is not ${prefix}/lib), just like the other lua ports already do.

I have run into this same problem with another port I'm working on that still requires lua 5.1. I'm having to patch its build system to tell it exactly where to look for lua 5.1.